Posted on: 15 February 2017
Renting out your property will allow you to make an additional income. This is the reason that this is done by most home or apartment owners. However, it can be a real challenge to find the ideal tenant that will pay you on time and care properly for your home. This is one of the many reasons you may want to rely on the assistance of a real estate agent to assist you as a landlord. Being aware of some of the many benefits of doing so may be the motivation you need for choosing the right one.
Reason #1: Screen tenants
You should consider getting to know as much as possible about a person that wants to rent from you. This individual will be living in your home and could cause it damage if you choose the wrong person.
The real estate agent can meet with the potential tenant and ask the questions listed below:
1. Where do you work and how long have you worked there?
2. What is the amount of your salary and can you provide a W-2 as proof of this?
3. Do you have any other people that intend to live in the rental unit?
4. Have you ever been convicted of a crime?
5. How long do you intend to rent the unit?
By making a detailed list of questions, this can be helpful in getting the answers you need to make a tenant selection.
Reason #2: Create a contract
You will want to be sure to have a contractual agreement drawn up between you and the tenant that states the rules and regulations you have for living on the property.
Listed below are some of the things you may want to address.
1. The amount of money you require for rent and when it should be paid.
2. If you allow pets in the rental property or not.
3. How many people can reside in the rental without any additional charges.
4. Any requirements that must be put in force, such as no damage to the property or a statement that will allow the landlord to check on it regularly.
There are many things that this professional will be acutely aware of that the landlord may not, and it's essential to rely on the expertise of this person when renting. Take the time to find the ideal real estate agent in your local area today to help you with your rental property.Share